Health & Wellness Self-Management Skills Training (4 Days)
Oct 20 - 21, 2022
Oct 24 - 25, 2022
Training Overview: In this course, we will be expanding upon our previous work done in self-managing chronic conditions and deepening our understanding of the true meaning of wellness, defining it as a journey and not a destination.
By the end of this four-day course, participants will be able to:
- Define the eight dimensions of wellness
- Address viral suppression: how to get there and stay there
- Acknowledge the impact of trauma on self-care and adherence, and how to address it
- Identify ways of getting healthy and maintaining a healthy lifestyle that is suited to the individual
- Define what self-care means to you and how it may look different for men and women
- Discuss the impact COVID-19 has and continues to have on HIV, HCV, STIs, and harm reduction
- Identify ways in which COVID-19 impacts people with untreated HIV infections
- Seek care and ask for help using good communication skills
- Use organizing and prioritization skills to ensure that healthcare is manageable on a day-to-day basis
- Discuss U=U today and the barriers that continue to exist for clients and the community
These objectives will lead us into many rich and invaluable discussions about health and wellness. However, as we venture into this exciting new era of technology and evidence-based interventions, the outcomes for reaching optimal health remain the same: control, functionality, and a sense of wellness.